Tuesday, August 8, 2017
BEWARE OF STRETCING THE TRUTH
Many lies are not bald-faced whoppers. Most are just exaggerations, like the following ones uttered by pastors:
• I want your honest feedback.
• I could be happy pastoring this church for the rest of my ministry.
• Call me at home anytime.
• It won’t take much of your time.
• My spouse would love to.
• To one’s spouse: The calendar will lighten up in a week or so.
• To a critic: It took a lot of courage for you to share that with me.
• To another pastor: I hear only good things about your church.